Fresh Perspective…Innovative Marketing…Local Expertise
Consistently in the top tier of sales agents in Santa Barbara, Cara Gamberdella fuses a fresh perspective, innovative and dynamic marketing and a life-long knowledge of the Santa Barbara lifestyle with a relentless work ethic and excellence in professional skills. All with the backing of Santa Barbara's premiere locally owned brokerage, Village Properties.
Cara joined Village Properties in July 2006 as a full-time sales agent after nine years as an English teacher and journalism adviser at San Marcos High School.
Drawing on over 36 years as a Santa Barbara resident, a tireless work ethic and a keen sense of professionalism, Cara has flourished as a newer Realtor in a challenging market. Over the last four years, Cara’s sales figures are as follows:
- 2012 – $9,305,500 sales volume – Top 8 percent of all agents in Santa Barbara MLS in total sales volume and in the top 5 percent of agents in number of transactions. Named one of Village Properties’ Top-10 sales agents in 2012.
- 2011 – $7,459,000 sales volume – Top 8 percent of all agents in the Santa Barbara MLS in total sales volume and in the top 6 percent of agents in number of transactions.
- 2010 – $5,184,000 sales volume – Top 12 percent of all agents in the Santa Barbara MLS in total sales volume and in the top 7 percent of agents in number of transactions.
- 2009 – $8,816,000 sales volume – Top 4 percent of all agents in the Santa Barbara Multiple Listing Service in total sales volume and the top 3 percent of agents in number of transactions.
Local Background and Interests
- Santa Barbara local since 1976
- Nine years as local public high school teacher (San Marcos High School)
- Extensive local and regional contacts and network developed through family, friends, professional relationships and over 36 years as a Santa Barbara resident
- Avid runner, cyclist, swimmer, triathlete
- Boston Marathon Finisher – 2010, 2011
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo - California Single Subject Teaching Credential, English, 1997
- University of Southern California - B.A. Journalism/Public Relations (cum laude), 1994
- Alumna of local schools - Vieja Valley Elementary, La Colina Junior High School, San Marcos High School (Class of 1990)
- Santa Barbara Association of Realtors and Multiple Listing Service, member
- California Association of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
Community and Local Affiliations
- Santa Barbara Athletic Round Table, Board Member
- Semana Nautica, Board Member
- Reef and Run, Sponsor and Race Committee Member
As a former teacher, Cara is skilled in multi-tasking, collaborating with diverse personalities, motivating those around her and facilitating others in achieving their goals – as well as giving her an insider's knowledge of the Santa Barbara school system and local educational opportunities. Cara's family and community ties run deep in Santa Barbara. Her parents built their home - where they still live - here in 1978. Her father, Frank, is a widely respected - and still practicing - physician, and her mother, Jacque, is active throughout the community. Her siblings are all local - Paul a partner with Radius Commercial Real Estate, Marc a financial advisor with Merrill Lynch and Jennifer, a medical sales executive.
According to Cara, it is truly a privilege to live in Santa Barbara. She relishes any chance she has to share the beauty, character, charm and culture of her hometown with friends, family and visitors. She can help you attain your own slice of paradise and enjoy pride of ownership on the American Riviera.
As a professional dedicated to loyalty, honesty, integrity, commitment and ethics, Cara is ready to help you in all of your real estate needs.