Carey Kendall has been a resident of Montecito/Santa Barbara since 1975 after graduating with a B.A. in economics. In 1980, Carey completed the USC Broker Development Course, a comprehensive series of real estate courses over many months and later that year he earned his California Real Estate Broker License. Over the past 30+ years a very thorough knowledge base and experience has been developed in ranch and home sales, land and commercial property sales.
In 1995 Carey and his wife, Alix, built their horse ranch on 10-acres in Los Olivos, a township in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley. A lifelong equestrian, Carey’s other passion has been vintage motor cars. Over the past several decades Carey built a stellar reputation in this vintage motor car arena, placing rare and special cars around the world to various collectors.
He brings in-depth experience and worldwide contacts developed from this diverse background to the table in the marketing of special properties.
The following are a few of his landmark sales:
- Sale of beach compound for the Harvey Mudd family.
- Burlenbach estate in Montecito to attorney Gerry Spence
- Margaret Mallory estate on Ortega Ridge in Montecito
- Various parts of the historic Hammond Estate in Montecito
Santa Ynez Valley ranch / estate properties
- “Callisto Farms”, built by the ex-chairman of Bechtel Corporation
- “Palacio del Rio” (one of the most historically significant properties in the Valley)
- The 256 acre “Corral de Quati” owned by the legendary producer, ray Stark
- Historic 205 acre “Westerly Stud Far” in Happy Canyon
- Hacienda built and owned by Rona Barrett
Vacant land parcels
- Many parcels of various sizes and complexities over the past couple of decades
- Solvang Village Center, approximately 70,000 square feet of mixed use commercial, retail and residential apartments. This was one of the largest single property commercials sales in the Santa Ynez Valley.
- Valley Oaks Bank Building, now Montecito Bank & Trust in Solvang, Ca.
- Commercial buildings in Santa Ynez and Los Olivos
- Commercial mixed use ocean front property in Carpinteria, CA
- Industrial Building in Westlake village of approximately 16,000 sq. ft.
- T.V. Station building in Santa Maria, CA
Coverage Areas in Santa Barbara County
Santa Barbara, Goleta, Carpinteria, Summerland, Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez
93427, 93013, 93014, 93116, 93117, 93118, 93199, 93108, 93101, 93102, 93103, 93105, 93106, 93107, 93109, 93110, 93111, 93120, 93121, 93140, 93150, 93160, 93460, 93463, 93464, 93067