When preparing to list your property, there are many crucial steps you must take. Gone are the days when you rushed to list and hoped for the best. Modern buyers are educated and know exactly what they want in their search for the perfect property. And most of all, they won’t settle — they want what they want. But you’re in luck because our dedicated Village Properties agents are here to lend their expertise so that you can list your property and get the price you want because you’ve done things the right way.
Here are the top tips we give to all our clients looking to list their property:
- Contact a Village Properties Agent to list your property and help you get it in order.
- Use your agent’s knowledge on the local market trends, to price your property correctly.
- Thoroughly assess the condition of your property as if you were the buyer, and be realistic about possible improvements needed before listing.
- Establish clear lines of communication and be open to feedback. Your agent wants to see you sell as quickly as possible and for the highest price, but in order to do so, you need to keep an open mind and be ready for constructive critiques regarding your property.
- Seriously consider hiring a stager, should that be the best option for getting the highest price for your home.
- Consider having inspections done prior to listing so that you can take care of any repairs ahead of time and avoid difficult negotiations during the escrow.
- If you need some help with upfront improvement costs, Village Properties has a solution – VP Assist. Contact us on that page for more information.
- If you have any legal questions about the sale of your home get them answered ahead of time through our Village Legal Services offered at no cost to the client *see below
- Most importantly, clean, organize, and declutter – we are here to help!
*Real Estate Risk Management, Inc. operates the Risk Management Buyer and Seller Protection program. Participation in the program is subject to Real Estate Risk Management, Inc.’s terms and conditions. All legal services are performed by and the responsibility of Real Estate Risk Management, Inc.